Bridgestone Tires - Bridgestone snow tires can be dangerous on the rear

In January I mounted a pair of Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires on the rear of my Mustang and the car became unstable. When pushed on dry pavement the rear would break away suddenly, and fishtail; and even changing lanes brought a feeling of the back end lunging out.

All this occurred at zero degrees Fahrenheit (-18 C) or below, when the all-seasons on the front are supposed to loose grip. This was so marked, I stopped to check for a flat tire; and then paid my mechanic to check the car's steering and suspension. The mechanic found no problem with the car; but after a road test he described the back end as, "All over the place!" He asked me to bring my all-season tires, mounted them, and found the car was fine, despite the snowy weather. This appears to be a problem unique to Bridgestone; as I have driven a wide assortment of cars with a wide assortment of snow tires on the rear, or on the front of a front drive vehicle, and never felt unsafe.

I haven't bothered to contact Bridgestone, as they are apparently aware of this problem: They offer a 30 day return policy, ONLY if 4 tires are purchased. Fortunately Cosco, God bless 'em, refunded my purchase; and I am only out the mounting/unmounting and my mechanic's fees, and glad to be rid of those tires.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bridgestone Tires Tires.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Cosco refund.

I didn't like: Tire quality.

Comments

BSRO Social

Good afternoon. We are sincerely sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with your Bridgestone Blizzak tires.

We would like to get your concerns, regarding the tire issues you experienced, escalated to the appropriate department to assist you.

Would you please send us an email at Social@bfusa.com with your contact information (including your full name, phone number, and mailing address), a link to this review, and the invoice that shows the purchase of the Blizzak tires? Thank you for choosing Bridgestone and we hope to hear back from you soon.

Bridgestone Tires in Winchester, Kentucky - Simple Review #1432862322

I bought 4 Bridgestone tires from tire discounters[$805] 2 business day before a $75 mail in rebate was to start [paid for then on Friday and rebate started Monday]. They told me that I missed it and nothing that they could do..Tire Discounters actually told me that the rebate would start Monday and it would be ok to buy them now because Bridgestone would honor it because it was close enough.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.